Your tenancy will be considered for renewal if you:
- Have complied with the conditions in your Tenancy Agreement during your current term of tenancy
- Do not have any outstanding arrears due to HDB
- Are not an undischarged bankrupt
For tenancy renewal and related enquiries for units in HDB shopping and office complexes, please approach the respective Managing Agents.
The payments to make are:
- Stamp fees (if applicable)
- Deposit (you can replace the cash deposit with an Insurance/ Banker’s Guarantee that covers the full term of the tenancy)
Please submit an updated business registration record from the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA) when applying for the renewal of tenancy. We can also retrieve the records from ACRA on your behalf for a fee of $5.35 (inclusive of GST). To have us do so, please add that amount to your stamp fees/ deposit payment.
Depending on your company or business type, we will also require these documents:
- Letter, signed by all the partners, stating the share proportions of the partners and authorising 1 partner to sign the Agreement Letter/ new agreement for and on behalf of the partnership
- Copy of the authorised partner’s NRIC
Private Company/ Limited Liability Partnership
- Company resolution authorising a representative to sign the Acceptance Letter/ new agreement on behalf of the company
- Copy of the authorised representative’s NRIC
- Deed of Guarantee signed by a shareholder who is a Singapore Citizen. If none of the shareholders are Singapore Citizens, the company can instead pay an additional 3-month deposit in lieu of the guarantee
Doctor whose business is not registered with ACRA
- Copy of your practising licence
Acceptance of offer of renewal
Following your tenancy renewal request, we will provide you with the Acceptance Letter/ new agreement for your review. If you agree to the terms offered, please sign the Acceptance Letter/ new agreement and mail it to:
480 Lorong 6 Toa Payoh
Properties & Land Group
If you do not wish to renew your tenancy, you will need to reinstate the unit to its original conditions before returning it to us. Please refer to our guide on terminating the tenancy for more details.