You will receive rehousing benefits under the Selective En bloc Redevelopment Scheme (SERS). These benefits will vary, depending on your household status:
- First- and second-timers
- Non-Citizen Spouse Scheme households
- Singapore Permanent Resident (SPR) households
- Remaining singles and Joint Singles Scheme households
- Single Singapore Citizen (SC) Scheme households
- Third-timers and households who have had SERS benefits before
- Private property owners
Please refer to the information below to help you identify which household status you belong to.
SERS rehousing benefits will be offered to flat owners who are eligible to retain their SERS flat and fulfil all other prevailing conditions. Flat owners may not be eligible for the SERS rehousing benefits, if they have infringed the Housing & Development Act before or after the SERS announcement.
The SERS grant:
- Is paid equally to eligible SC SERS flat owners (no matter what the manner of holding is) who buy a replacement flat from HDB
- Is credited to the CPF ordinary accounts (OA) of the SC flat owners in the form of CPF money
- Can only be used to pay for the replacement flat
- Must be returned (with interest) to the flat owners’ CPF ordinary accounts if the replacement flat is subsequently sold or transferred
- Will be recovered (with interest) by HDB if the application for the replacement flat is cancelled
What if I am an undischarged bankrupt?
Prior consent must be obtained from the Official Assignee (OA) if you are applying to buy an HDB flat that is bigger than a 5-room flat or a 3Gen flat. For flat owners whose flats were announced for SERS from 1 February 2016 onwards, the OA's prior consent is also required to buy any flat type with a net purchase of $500,000 or above, after taking into account any HDB subsidies or levy.
You do not need to seek OA's approval to be listed as an occupier of the replacement flat.
Eligibility conditions for buying 3Gen flats
To qualify for a 3Gen flat, you need to meet the additional eligibility conditions as follows:
- Form a multi-generation family by including your parents or married child as co-applicants or occupiers in the replacement flat; and
- At least one parent or married child must be Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident.
3Gen flat owners cannot rent out any bedrooms within 5 years from collecting the keys. 3Gen flats can only be resold in the open market (upon meeting the required minimum occupation period) to other eligible multi-generation families.