Income Guidelines and Other Documents
To process your application for an HDB Loan Eligibility (HLE) letter, we need to have the necessary income documents for all persons listed in the application. If the documents are incomplete, the HLE application cannot be processed. We may also request additional documents to be submitted for credit assessment purpose.
If you are working overseas, please submit additional income proof such as your employment pass, work permit, business documents, or overseas income tax returns. An official English translation is required if the original documents are not in English, Mandarin, Malay or Tamil.
The following types of income/ allowance will not be considered for credit assessment:
- Alimony/ maintenance fee
- Claims/ reimbursement/ expenses
- Director's fee
- Dividend income/ interest from deposit accounts
- Income from overtime work
- National Service allowance
- Occupier’s income
- Overseas cost of living allowance*
- Rental income
- Scholarship overseas allowance
* This applies for HLE applications received from 28 Aug 2018. For purchase of a flat from HDB, the revised guidelines will apply if both your HLE and new flat applications are received from the Aug 2018 sales launch onwards.
The applicant must be employed at the month of application and remain gainfully employed before an HDB housing loan is disbursed.
If you are employed but on no-pay leave for less than 6 months at the time of application, we will use your last drawn pay for assessment. If the duration of no-pay leave is 6 months or more at the time of application, your income will not be considered.
Find out more about the documents you need to submit based on your nature of employment.