The Citizen Top-Up is a $10,000 housing subsidy that is given to eligible Singapore Citizen/Singapore Permanent Resident (SC/SPR) households when a qualifying household member becomes a Singapore Citizen.
It is available to any of the following SC/SPR households who have:
- Paid a premium of $10,000 for the purchase of an HDB flat direct from HDB
- Taken a CPF Housing Grant for Family which was $10,000 lesser than an SC/SC household for the purchase of a resale HDB flat or a Design, Build and Sell Scheme (DBSS) flat or an Executive Condominium (EC).
It is only distributed to:
- The original SC applicant/ owner, or
- The SC spouse who was previously an SPR (if listed as an owner)
An SC/SPR household will qualify for the Citizen Top-Up in any of these instances:
- The SPR spouse originally listed in the flat application obtains Singapore Citizenship status
- An SC child is born to the SC applicant/ owner and spouse originally listed in the flat application
- The SPR parent/ child/ sibling* originally listed in the flat application obtains Singapore Citizenship status
* Conversion of sibling to SC to qualify for the Citizen Top-Up applies only to flats purchased under the Orphans Scheme and Non-Citizen Spouse Scheme.
You must submit your application within 6 months of being eligible for the Citizen Top-Up.
Application for Citizen Top-Up
You can apply for your Citizen Top-Up via My HDBPage.
Please note that the Citizen Top-Up can only be used for approved purposes, and that there are further conditions that apply when it is distributed. You may also like to view our sample computations to see who receives the Citizen Top-Up in different scenarios.