Published Date: 30 Sep 2015
The Ministry of National Development (MND) today announced board appointment changes at the Housing and Development Board (HDB). The new term of the HDB Board will be from 1 Oct 2015 to 30 Sep 2018.
2 The Board will continue to be led by incumbent Chairman, Mr James Koh Cher Siang. A Deputy Chairman and four new members have been appointed to the Board. Six Board Members have been re-appointed, and four members are stepping down.
3 Mr Chin Yoke Choong, Bobby, has been appointed as Deputy Chairman, HDB.
4 Mr Bobby Chin is currently the Chairman of NTUC Fairprice Co-operative Ltd. He was the Managing Partner of KPMG Singapore for 13 years, from 1992 until his retirement in 2005. He has been active in the Singapore corporate and public service scenes. He also serves as a member of the Council of Presidential Advisers.
New Board Members
5 The four new HDB Board members are from diverse backgrounds, with deep expertise and experience in academia, public service and social work. They are:
- Professor Lily Kong - Provost and Lee Kong Chian Professor of Social Sciences, Singapore Management University
- Professor Heng Chye Kiang - Dean, School of Design & Environment, National University of Singapore
- Dr Sudha Nair - Executive Director, Centre for Promoting Alternatives to Violence (PAVE)
- Ms Teoh Zsin Woon - Deputy Secretary (Development), Ministry of Health
Re-appointment of Chairman and Board Members
6 Mr James Koh Cher Siang has been re-appointed as Chairman, HDB. Six board members have also been re-appointed. They are:
- Mr Matthias Yao Chih - Director, Agmonton Pte Ltd
- Mr Ong Chong Tee - Deputy Managing Director (Financial Supervision), Monetary Authority of Singapore
- Mr Tham Sai Choy - Managing Partner, KPMG LLP
- BG Tan Wei Ming Mervyn - Commander, Headquarters Air Defence and Operations Command, Ministry of Defence
- Mr Mohd Sa’at bin Abdul Rahman - Editor, Berita Harian/Berita Minggu, Singapore Press Holdings Ltd
- Dr Cheong Koon Hean - Chief Executive Officer, Housing and Development Board
Board Members Stepping Down
7 Four board members will be stepping down, and MND and HDB wish to thank them for their invaluable service, guidance and contributions during their term of appointment. They are:
- Mr Tham Kui Seng - Director, The Straits Trading Company Limited
- Mrs Chng Sok Hui - Chief Financial Officer, DBS Bank Ltd
- Ms Ong Toon Hui - Dean & Chief Executive Officer, Civil Service College, and Deputy Secretary (Development), Public Service Division
- Associate Professor Yu Shi Ming - Department of Real Estate, National University of Singapore