Government agencies communicate via
websites (e.g. go.gov.sg/open).
Look for a
lock () or https:// as an added precaution. Share sensitive
information only on official secure websites.
Revision in HDB and URA Car Park Charges
1. The Housing & Development Board (HDB) and Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) will raise public car park charges for short-term and season parking schemes, with effect from 1 December 2016.
2. The last island-wide revision of car parking charges by HDB and URA was done 14 years ago in 2002. Over this period, the costs of building, operating and managing car parks have increased due to general inflation, as well as construction, manpower and other related maintenance costs. Car park charges have not kept pace with these cost increases. Therefore revisions are needed to ensure proper cost recovery.
3. From 1 December 2016, short-term parking charges for public car parks in Singapore will be adjusted as follows:
Outside of the Restricted Zone/Designated Area (RZ/DA) 1 – the parking charge will be raised by $0.10, from $0.50 to $0.60 per half-hour;
Within the RZ/DA – the parking charge will be raised by $0.20, from $1.00 to $1.20 per half-hour.
4. Differential charging on a per-minute basis will continue to apply for selected EPS car parks in locations with high demand.
5. Season parking rates in HDB car parks will be raised, but HDB will differentiate the charges. Residents who buy season parking for their first car will pay a lower rate than those who require more than one parking lot or non-residents who use HDB carparks 2. The details are as follows:
For non-residents and residents’ second and subsequent parking lot, the full rate for season parking will be $90 per month for surface car parks (a $25 increase), and $120 per month for sheltered car parks (a $30 increase).
For residents’ first parking lot, the parking charge will see a smaller increase of $15 for surface car parks (from $65 to $80 per month), and $20 for sheltered car parks (from $90 to $110 per month).
6. Family Season Parking Ticket holders3 currently enjoy a concessionary rate of half of the season parking rate. They will continue to do so and will pay half of the residents’ first car season parking rate, i.e. $40 per month for surface car parks and $55 per month for sheltered car parks.
7. Details of the revised parking charges are provided in the Annex. HDB and URA will issue letters to notify all season parking holders of their revised rates, as well as the priority status of the cars in their respective households, by September 2016.
8. There will be no revision to the parking charges for motorcycles as they were revised when per-minute charging and Concessionary Season Parking Ticket for motorcycles were introduced in July 2014 and January 2015 respectively.
9. Starting from 1 December 2016, motorists using public car parks will have to use new coupons with the revised rates.The new coupons will be available for sale at HDB Branches/Service Centres, the URA Centre and coupon agents (e.g. all petrol stations, 7-11 outlets etc) from early October 2016.
10. Motorists can exchange their unused old parking coupons for new ones from early October 2016 onwards, by topping up the difference in value.
11. For further enquiries on the sale and exchange of new coupons, motorists can call the following numbers.
1 Restricted Zone is determined by LTA's road pricing cordon and traditionally covers parts of the central area such as Outram, Downtown Core, Rochor and Orchard. Designated Areas refer to areas outside of but in close proximity to the Restricted Zone.
2 Non-residents refer to car owners who are not residents of the estate at which they are applying for season parking. For example, this would include car owners who apply for season parking at HDB car parks near their place of work.
3 Family Season Parking Ticket holders can park at car park lots near their family members’ home, at all hours of the day.