If you would like to terminate your tenancy, there are several terms and conditions you need to take note of. Do take note of the procedures for returning your keys as well. If you are renting a unit within an HDB office complex, please contact us at 6490-2999.
Terms and conditions
Under the Tenancy Agreement, you have to provide 1 month's written notice for the termination of tenancy with us.
If you are a tenant of childcare centres [previously under the Ministry of Social and Family Development (MSF)], you will need to provide with us 4 months’ written notice and inform MSF that you would like to terminate your tenancy.
Payment of rent
The rent for your commercial unit will be computed up to and including the day that the keys are returned to us. Please note that there will not be any grace period for the return of keys.
For units that are allocated via e-bidding, the rent-free period given will be withdrawn if your tenancy is terminated within a year from its start date.
Eligibility for termination
For premises allocated via marketing agents, you are not allowed to terminate your premises within the first term. You also cannot assign/ rent out your unit, or change/ include any trade during the term as well.
Things to do before returning keys
Before returning the premises to us, you will need to:
- Restore the premises to its original condition (i.e. furniture, fixtures, and fittings to be removed) consistent with the terms of the tenancy agreement. Otherwise, we will carry out the reinstatement works and recover the costs from you
- Arrange with SP Services Ltd. to disconnect all the water/ electricity/ gas supplies including removal of any meters and appliances
- Settle all outstanding Service & Conservancy Charges with the Town Council
- Arrange to terminate the GIRO service for rent payment for the premises with the bank
- Inform SingPost to redirect all mails to your new address
- Ensure your rental payments and other charges are paid up-to-date. Payment of rental through Interbank GIRO will automatically stop upon termination of tenancy
Please return the keys to:
HDB Hub, 480 Lorong 6 Toa Payoh
Commercial Properties Counter
Atrium, 3rd storey
If you are a sole proprietor, you have to return the keys personally. For partnership companies, you can authorise a partner to return the keys. The authorised partner will need to bring along a letter signed by all partners to authorise him to return the keys for the company.
If yours is a private limited company, you can authorise a representative to return the keys on behalf of the company.
Please label the keys according to their use, for example ‘key for main door’ and ‘living quarters’. For premises within HDB shopping complexes and office complexes, you can return the keys to the managing agents.
The existing cash deposits/ any excess monies with us (if any) will be refunded via Interbank GIRO to your existing GIRO bank account or via cheque. For the refund to be made to another payee, you have to bring along the bank book/ statement showing the particulars and bank account number of the payee. For deposits in banker’s guarantee, they will be automatically cancelled.