Follow the steps to apply for a flat under the Parenthood Provisional Housing Scheme (PPHS) and take a look at the PPHS flats available for application.
Step 1: Submit application
If you are a first-timer, you can submit your application via My HDBPage.
- You are from a second-timer household, defined as either of these:
- Married couples or applicants under the Fiancé/Fiancée Scheme, comprising a first-timer and a second-timer
- Divorced/ widowed parent with child/ children
- You do not have internet access
- You would like to share a PPHS flat
If you are an applicant under the Fiancé/Fiancée Scheme, please submit your marriage certificate to us within 3 months of taking possession of your PPHS flat.
Step 2: Receive application outcome
If your application is successful, we will invite you for flat selection in the month following your application. Your queue position is determined by computer ballot.
- Eligible married couples who have booked an uncompleted flat under our HDB Sales exercises will enjoy priority in the allocation of a PPHS flat
- Households sharing a PPHS flat will also enjoy priority allocation if any of the sharing households constitutes an eligible married couple awaiting completion of their flat
Step 3: Selection of PPHS flat
Successful applicants can check the flats available during the selection exercise.
All who are listed in the application and are co-owners of an existing HDB flat must be present at the selection. Everyone needs to give up ownership of their existing flat within 6 months of possessing the PPHS flat.
You will need to make the following payments when you sign the tenancy agreement:
- First month rental
- 1-month rental deposit
- Stamp fees
As you cannot change the flat which you have selected, please check the duration for use and environment of the respective PPHS sites beforehand.
Step 4: Signing of tenancy agreement
You must be present at the signing of the tenancy agreement and relevant undertaking forms.
Tenancy duration is capped at 3 years, and the tenancy term should end within 4 months of the Estimated Completion Date of your flat or the PPHS site’s availability of use, whichever is shorter.
Step 5: Note for existing PPHS flat tenants
If you are an existing PPHS flat tenant and you would like to include another household in your PPHS flat, please visit the HDB Branch managing your flat, with the head of the household whom you would like to share your flat with.