Change of Partners, Shareholders, or Mode of Business
Find out the application procedures, administrative fees, and supporting documents needed when there is a change of partners or shareholders for your commercial unit’s business. You can also find out what to do if you intend to change the mode of your business.
These changes do not constitute an assignment of tenancy:
- Changes in partners, shareholders, or mode of business where the original tenant (as at the first tenancy) or their next-of-kin retains at least 51% shareholding
- Transfer of tenancy to next-of-kin (i.e. parents, siblings, spouse, and children)
- Transfer of tenancy between holding and subsidiary companies
As a tenant, you can apply for the various tenancy changes via GoBusiness Licensing.
For units in HDB shopping and office complexes, please approach the respective Managing Agents.
Here are the administrative fees for tenancy changes:
- $100 (excluding GST) for the balance term
- $200 (excluding GST) for a fresh term and where there is a change of use of living quarters
For units in HDB shopping and office complexes, please approach the respective Managing Agents to enquire on the administrative fees.
Here are the supporting documents required:
- An updated copy of the Business Registration Certificate from the Accounting & Corporate Regulatory Authority showing the changes in the company
- If you would like to transfer your tenancy to your next-of-kin, you have to provide documents, such as marriage certificate and birth certificate, to prove your relationship with the transferee