Release of 3rd Quarter 2020 Public Housing Data
This press release provides the data for the HDB resale and rental market in 3rd Quarter 2020.
HDB Resale Market
2. The Resale Price Index (RPI) for 3rd Quarter 2020 is 133.9, an increase of 1.5% over that in 2nd Quarter 2020 (see Annex A).
3. Resale transactions rose by 127.3%, from 3,426 cases in 2nd Quarter 2020 to 7,787 cases in 3rd Quarter 2020 (see Annex B), following the lifting of circuit breaker measures on 2 June 2020. Compared to 3rd Quarter 2019, resale transactions in 3rd Quarter 2020 were 24.3% higher.
4. The median resale prices in the various towns in 3rd Quarter 2020 are tabulated in Annex C.
HDB Rental Market
5. The median rents in the various towns in 3rd Quarter 2020 are tabulated in Annex D.
6. The number of approved applications to rent out HDB flats fell by 22.2%, from 10,539 cases in 2nd Quarter 2020 to 8,196 cases in 3rd Quarter 2020 (see Annex E). Compared to 3rd Quarter 2019, the number of approved applications in 3rd Quarter 2020 was 31.7% lower. As at the end of 3rd Quarter 2020, there were 59,063 HDB flats rented out, an increase of 2.4% over the previous quarter (57,693 units).
Upcoming Sales Launches
7. In November 2020 and February 2021, HDB will offer about 9,300 Build-To-Order (BTO) flats in various estates. More information on the BTO flats is available on the HDB InfoWEB. As the COVID-19 pandemic is evolving, HDB is monitoring the situation, and will make adjustments where necessary.
8. Barring any unforeseen circumstances, the next Sale of Balance Flats exercise is also scheduled to be launched in November 2020, together with the BTO exercise. HDB will share more details when ready.