Commercial vehicles such as a lorry or a mini-bus where unladen weight exceeds 1,800kg, are generally not allowed to be parked in any of the residential car parks.
This is due to:
- Safety and environmental concerns
- Efforts to preserve the character and ambience of the residential estates
However, HDB may exercise flexibility to allow such commercial vehicles that can fit* in a car parking lot to be parked at the residential car parks on a case by case basis. Read more on applying for a season parking for such commercial vehicles:
(* indicates that a vehicle shall not cause any obstruction or danger to other vehicles or car park users)
Commercial vehicles which cannot fit in a car parking lot at a residential car park are required to park at the centralised lorry/bus parks located at the fringe of housing estates. Find out more on the following from One-Motoring's website
- Location of various centralised heavy vehicle parks
- Availability of parking lots
- Vehicle parking certificate scheme
- Associated rules and regulations
Read more on how you can apply for a new season parking ticket for a commercial vehicle
which can fit in properly in a car parking lot at a residential car park.
The charges depend on the unladen weight of commercial vehicle and type of car park are :
<= 1,800 kg
> 1,800 kg
$185* (not > 2000kg unladen/laden weight)
* The parking charges for a commercial vehicle which has unladen weight exceeding 1,800 kg are higher. This is to regulate the parking demand of these vehicles at the residential car parks.