The Family Season Parking Ticket (Family SPT) is for HDB residents who have already bought an HDB SPT to park their vehicles at their own residential car park. They can purchase Family SPT at 50% discount at the car park serving their family members' block subject to availability of parking lots. The Family SPT scheme is only implemented at HDB car parks where the parking demand is not high.
This scheme has been introduced to foster family ties and to make it easier for existing SPT holders to visit their family members*.
* This refers to parents, children, siblings, grandparents and parent-in-laws.
With the Family SPT, you can also park at the reserved lots meant only for season parking holders, at all hours of the day.
Read more on the Family Season Parking Ticket:
You must meet the following conditions in order to apply a Family SPT:
- You must be the owner, authorised occupier, or approved subtenants of an HDB flat/HDB shop with living quarters; and
- You must have a valid HDB SPT for your HDB flat/HDB shop with living quarters; and
- You must be able to prove your relationship with you family member; and
- You must be able to prove that your family member is living in the HDB flat/shop.
You can purchase more than one Family SPT subject to availability of the parking lots. There is no limit on the number of Family SPT you can purchase. This is in recognition that you may have more than one family member who you need to visit regularly.
As the first time purchaser, you need to apply for a Family SPT by visiting any HDB Branch/Service Centre
You must bring the following documentary evidence with you:
- Your relationship with the family member e.g. birth certificate
- Place of residence of your family member if he/she is not registered as authorised occupier of the HDB flat/shop where you intend to purchase the Family SPT. e.g. photocopy of NRIC which states the place of residence of your family member.
You will not be issued with another RFID tag as your existing RFID tag will be updated with the latest Family SPT information.
The Family SPT charges is 50% of the normal season parking ticket charges*. For example:
|Surface car park|
(e.g. Multi-Storey Car Park)
|Special Precinct Car Park|
* For Restricted Zone and Designated Area, the Family SPT charges is 50% of commercial rate.
** Refers to commercial vehicles with unladen weight exceeding 1,800 kg.
Find out the full listing of normal season parking ticket charges.
The renewal process is the same as that for a normal season parking ticket. Read more on the renewal
Please note that the period of renewal for Family SPT must not be longer than the period of renewal for your normal season parking ticket.
If you renew your normal season parking ticket for 3 months (valid until August), you cannot renew your Family SPT for 5 months (valid till October).
If you change your vehicle or if your family member has moved to another HDB flat/shop, you will have to transfer your season parking ticket accordingly. Read more on how you can perform the transfer
If you no longer need your Family SPT (e.g. if your family member has moved to a private property), you can request refund for the balance of the unexpired ticket. The refund process is the same as a normal season parking ticket. Read more on the refund
Please note that you cannot terminate your normal SPT and still continue to hold a Family SPT. For example, if you moved to a private property and no longer need your normal SPT, you will have to cancel both your normal SPT and the Family SPT.