HDB provides housing loans at concessionary interest rate to flat buyers, subject to HDB's credit assessment and prevailing mortgage loan criteria.
Since 1 January 2003, flat buyers who are not eligible for an HDB loan and require financing to buy a flat will have to take a mortgage loan from a bank/ financial institution that is licensed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore.
Flat buyers can apply for an HDB loan if you and your essential occupiers (if any) meet all of the following conditions:
|have at least one buyer who is a Singapore citizen;|
|have average gross monthly household income not exceeding:-
- $10,000 for families*
- $15,000 for extended families*
- $5,000 for singles* buying a 5-room or smaller resale flat or 2-room new flat in non-mature estate under Single Singapore Citizen (SSC) scheme
- If the applicants and occupiers are unemployed for fewer than 3 months, the average income will be computed based on the number of actual months he/she has worked
- The income ceiling to qualify for HDB concessionary loan to buy Design, Build and Sell Scheme (DBSS) flat from the private developers remains at $8,000 for families or $12,000 for extended families
|have not previously taken two or more HDB concessionary interest rate loans; |
|do not own any private residential property^;|
|have not disposed of any private residential property^ within 30 months before the date of application for HDB Loan Eligibility (HLE);|
|have taken one HDB concessionary interest rate loan and last owned property is not a private residential property^;|
|do not own more than one market/ hawker stalls or commercial/ industrial property; |
|if own one market/ hawker stall or commercial/ industrial property, must be operating the business yourself with no other sources of income;|
^ Private residential property (in Singapore or overseas) includes but not limited to:
- HUDC flats (Privatised and Non-Privatised)
- Properties acquired by gift
- Properties inherited as beneficiaries under a will or as a result of the Intestate Succession Act
- Private properties
- Properties owned/acquired/disposed through nominees regardless of properties location
You can also use the enquiry facilities below to check if you are eligible for an HDB concessionary loan.
By accessing and using this Facility or any part of this Facility, and the information provided under this Facility ("Facility"), you are deemed to agree to the Terms and Conditions and Privacy Statement set out here.
To proceed with your enquiry, you can:
Let us guide you through the process to apply for an HDB Housing Loan:-