Eligibility To Buy : Fiancé/Fiancée Scheme

The Fiancé/Fiancée Scheme allows a couple intending to get married to buy an HDB flat from the open market. You must meet the following eligibility conditions.

CitizenshipYou and your fiancé(e) must be either:
  • Singapore Citizens (SC), or
  • Singapore Permanent Residents (SPR)*

* From 27 August 2013, SPR household (i.e. a household with no SC owner) will have to wait 3 years from the date of obtaining SPR status before they can buy a resale flat
AgeYou must be aged 21 years or above
Family NucleusYou must list your fiancé(e) as either:
  • a co-applicant (if he/she is aged 21 years or above) or
  • an occupant
in the application.
Income CeilingThere is no income ceiling (unless you are applying for a CPF Housing Grant or an HDB Loan).
Ownership/Interest in Property in Singapore or Overseas other than HDB flatsIf you or any person listed in your resale flat application owns private residential property (locally or overseas), you may still buy a resale flat without any CPF housing grant or HDB loan but you must dispose of the private property within six months of the purchase of the resale flat.
Ethnic Integration Policy and SPR QuotaProportion of your ethnic group and SPR quota (if applicable) has not reached the set limit. Find out more about the Ethnic Integration Policy (EIP) and SPR Quota.
Special Condition
Registration of Marriage

You and your fiancé(e) must:
  • register your marriage with the Registry of Civil Marriages or Registry of Muslim Marriages (as applicable), and
  • submit your marriage certificate to the HDB within 3 months from the date of taking possession of the flat

    CPF Housing Grant

    If you are applying for the CPF Housing Grant, you must submit your marriage certificate on or before the date of taking possession of the resale flat.

Consent of Parents

If your fiancé(e) is below 21 but 18 years old and above, his/her parents must agree to the purchase.

Special Marriage Licence

If your fiancé(e) is below 18 years old, you need to:
  • get a Special Marriage Licence from the Ministry of Social and Family Development, and
  • submit it to the HDB for verification


If you are a divorcée, you must produce the following for verification:
  • Interim Judgement (previously known as Decree Nisi)
  • Order of Court
  • Final Judgement (previously known as Decree Nisi Absolute)

CPF Housing Grant

Under the Fiancé/Fiancée, you may apply for the following if you meet all the eligibility conditions:
Last Updated on 31 Aug 2015