Access to any area of the site, whether or not SingPass is used, is governed by following terms and conditions. Please continue surfing our site only if you accept these terms.
Here are some words used within our site, with their meaning as follows:
- "We", "our", or "us" refers to the Housing & Development Board (HDB)
- "You" or "user" includes the person who is currently accessing the site, regardless of whether SingPass is used
- “SingPass” includes the user ID/ password authentication service
- This site
- Any other site currently being accessed by the user
- Any site linked to/ from the site, including our e-Services
- “HDB e-Services” includes any HDB transaction/ service provided online
Please note that:
- You must not use the site, SingPass, or any other password for any unlawful purpose
- You are fully responsible for the security of the SingPass or any other password assigned to you
- You are fully responsible for all transactions and/ or enquiries made through the use of your identification, SingPass and/ or other password(s), regardless of whether such transactions or enquiries were made with your knowledge and authority
- You need to report to us immediately if you know or have reason to suspect that the security of your SingPass or any other password has been compromised or used by another person without your authority.
We reserve the right to block your SingPass or other password usage without providing any reason.
Information provided in the site is only meant as a general information source as we are not involved in giving professional advice. The site may not cover all information available on a particular issue. Before relying on the site, you should do your own checks or obtain the relevant professional advice.
Privacy and security
Where appropriate, we will use available technology to protect the security of communications made through the site, using SingPass or otherwise. However, we do not accept liability for the security, authenticity, integrity, or confidentiality of any transaction and other communication made through the site, using SingPass or otherwise.
Internet communications can be susceptible to interference or interception by third parties. Despite our best efforts, we do not guarantee that the site is free of infection by computer viruses or other unauthorised software.
You should take appropriate steps to keep your information, software, and equipment secure. This includes clearing your Internet browser cookies and cache before and after using any service on the site.
You should keep your passwords confidential. Please note that we will never ask you for your SingPass or any other password.
Check out more details on essential infocommunications security tips.
Materials, including source code, pages, documents, online graphics, audio, and video in the site are protected by law. The intellectual property rights in the materials are owned by or licensed to us.
No part of the site can be reproduced or reused for commercial or any other purpose without our prior written permission.
General disclaimer and limitation of liability
We cannot guarantee that the site will meet your needs, or that any service, software, or information provided will be uninterrupted, timely, accurate, reliable, secure, or error free.
Information and materials contained in the site are provided on an ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ basis. We do not guarantee the accuracy, adequacy, timeliness, or completeness of such information or materials, and are not liable for errors or omissions.
Using this site means you acknowledge, accept, and assume all risks inherent in Internet transactions and will not hold us liable under any circumstances for any claim or demand (for damages, losses, expenses, etc.) which you may have or be exposed to.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage:
That you may incur because of
- Using the site, SingPass, or any other password
- Using, visiting, or relying on any statement, opinion, representation or information in the site
- Resulting from any delay in operation or transmission, communications failure, Internet access difficulties, or malfunctions in equipment/ software
For the conduct or views of any person who accesses or uses
- The site
- Your SingPass or any other password
Access to the site
The accessibility and operation of the site relies on technologies outside our control. We do not guarantee continuous accessibility or uninterrupted operation of the site at any time. This includes the time you access any information or perform online transactions/ services, using SingPass, other password(s), or otherwise.
We are not responsible or liable for the availability or content of any other Internet site (regardless of whether the site is provided by us) linked to or from the site. Access to any other Internet site is at your own risk. If you create a link, frame, etc. to or from the Site, you do so at your own risk.
For any Internet sites including your sites (if any) that want to create a link, frame, etc. to or from the site, prior written permission from us is required. We reserve the right to impose conditions, including imposing a fee when granting such permission.
We reserve the right to object or disable any link, frame, etc. to or from the site. We also reserve the right to change any URL, including the URL of the site without notification.
We reserve the right to introduce and revise any fees from time to time. We are not responsible for any fees charged by any other Internet site that is not provided by us.
At all times, you will indemnify, keep us indemnified, and hold us harmless against any mishaps caused by or resulting from any use of the site, breach, or supposed breach of the terms and/ or law, written or otherwise. The mishaps include:
- Losses (including direct, indirect, incidental, and/ or consequential losses)
- Damages (including general, special, and/or punitive damages)
- Claims, costs, fees (including all legal fees, such as that between solicitor and client, on a full indemnity basis whether or not any real, anticipated, or threatened legal proceedings occur)
Use of the site, SingPass or any other password, and these terms are governed by Singapore laws. Any claim relating to use of the site, SingPass or any other password, and these terms will be heard by Singapore Courts.
We may revise these terms and/ or modify or discontinue any information or features that form part of the site at any time, with or without notice to you, and without liability. You must visit these terms every time when accessing the site and review the terms because they are binding on you. If you do not agree to any amendments to these terms, you must not proceed but exit immediately instead.
Here is a (non-exhaustive) list of ways through which we can notify you:
- Normal mail
- Registered mail
- By hand
- SMS messages
- Wireless Application Protocol-enabled facilities
Terms and conditions for HDB e-Services
In addition to these terms, you also need to fulfil all other terms and conditions of our e-Services. In the event of conflict, the terms and conditions of the respective e-Services will prevail.