Ways to Sell
Handling the sale of your flat
You can handle the sale on your own, or pay a commission to engage the services of a salesperson.
Handling the sale yourself
Read the guide below which will be useful in helping you handle the sale, even if you decide to engage a salesperson.
Engaging a salesperson
In addition to the above guide, do take note of the following:
- Read the Council for Estate Agents' (CEA) Consumer Guide and case studies for practical tips for engaging the services of a salesperson.
- Check the CEA’s Public Register to make sure that the salesperson is registered with CEA as a licensed salesperson
- Ensure that you discuss with the salesperson and mutually agree on:
- The terms of service
- The commission payable
- The period of representation
- Any exclusivity (if agreed upon)
- Any other terms, such as payment for advertising, etc.
- Engaging a salesperson is a private matter between you and the salesperson. Seek clarification from CEA if you have issues relating to estate agents or their salespersons.