You must obtain our approval before you sublet your flat. You can submit your application through one of these channels:
- My HDBPage
- Complete the application form (with Annex A or Annex B ) and post it to the HDB Branch managing your flat. Before submitting the sublet application, read and familiarise yourself with the terms and conditions for the subletting of flat.
An administrative fee of $20 applies for each application.
If the flat owner is overseas during the subletting period, a certified true copy of the Power of Attorney must be lodged with the High Court and submitted with the application. Please consult your solicitor to prepare the Power of Attorney according to our standard format.
You must notify us of any changes in the subletting within 7 days of its occurrence. These include changes to your subtenants’ particulars or if your subtenants move out of the flat. For the inclusion of new subtenants, you must obtain HDB’s approval for the change of subtenants before they can move into the flat.
The renewal of an existing subletting approval is considered a new application, and will be assessed according to the policies and regulations.
e-Services for subletting of flat
You can access the following e-Services through My HDBPage (log in using your SingPass and go to: My Flat > Purchased Flat > Subletting):
- Confirmation of eligibility for subletting of flat
- You may print the confirmation letter from My HDBPage > My Flat > Purchased Flat > Subletting > Subletting of Whole Flat.
- New application for subletting of flat
- Renewal application for subletting of flat
- Application for change of subtenants/ subtenants' particulars (for subletting of flat)
- Application for termination of subletting of flat
- Checking of subletting record
- Enquiry on subtenants
- This allows flat owners to print HDB's confirmation letter showing the names of subtenants registered at the flat. Alternatively, you may use our ‘Enquiry on Authorised Subtenants’ e-Service to assure your subtenants that they have been registered with HDB.
- Payment of administrative fee
- This is only for flat owners who have received in-principle approval to sublet their flat. Use this guide to set up your browser before payment via Visa/ Mastercard. Alternatively, you may make payment at an AXS Station.