You must obtain our approval before you rent out your flat. You can submit your application through one of these channels:
- My HDBPage
- Complete the application form (with Annex A or Annex B ) and post it to the HDB Branch managing your flat. Before submitting the application, read and familiarise yourself with the terms and conditions for renting out of flat.
An administrative fee of $20 applies for each application.
If the flat owner is overseas during the rental period, a certified true copy of the Power of Attorney must be lodged with the High Court and submitted with the application. Please consult your solicitor to prepare the Power of Attorney according to our standard format.
You must notify us of any changes in the rental within 7 days of its occurrence. These include changes to your tenants’ particulars or if your tenants move out of the flat. For the inclusion of new tenants, you must obtain HDB’s approval for the change of tenants before they can move into the flat.
The renewal of an existing approval to rent out a flat is considered a new application, and will be assessed according to the policies and regulations.
e-Services for renting out of flat
You can access the following e-Services through My HDBPage (log in using your SingPass and go to: My Flat > Purchased Flat > Renting Out):
- Confirmation of eligibility for renting out of flat
- You may print the confirmation letter from My HDBPage > My Flat > Purchased Flat > Renting Out > Renting Out of Flat.
- New application for renting out of flat
- Renewal application for renting out of flat
- Application for change of tenants/ tenants' particulars (for renting out of flat)
- Application for termination of renting out of flat
- Checking of rental record
- Enquiry on tenants
- This allows flat owners to print HDB's confirmation letter showing the names of tenants registered at the flat. Alternatively, you may use our ‘Enquiry on Authorised Tenants’ service to assure your tenants that they have been registered with HDB.
- Payment of administrative fee
- This is only for flat owners who have received in-principle approval to rent out their flat. Use this guide to set up your browser before payment via Visa/ Mastercard. Alternatively, you may make payment at an AXS Station.