Ways to Buy
To buy a resale flat, you can either manage the transaction on your own, or engage a salesperson to assist you.
Where to start
Find out what HDB resale flats are available via the following:
- Classifieds sections of the newspapers
- Online property portals
- The Singapore Institute of Surveyors and Valuers website
Manage the purchase yourself
To handle the HDB resale flat transaction on your own, please:
- Ensure that you meet the eligibility conditions for buying an HDB resale flat
- Follow our guide on the buying process to learn what to do
You can also register for our resale seminars to learn about our resale policies and procedures.
Engage a salesperson
If you are engaging a salesperson to help you find and purchase an HDB resale flat, please note the following:
- You can get useful information and practical tips for engaging the services of a salesperson from the Council for Estate Agencies (CEA) consumer guides and consumer advisories
- To verify that a salesperson is registered with CEA, you can check CEA’s Public Register of Estate Agents and Salespersons
- Engaging a salesperson is a private matter between yourself and the salesperson; HDB does not specify or control the commission rate charged. Please ensure that you and the salesperson discuss and mutually agree on:
- The terms of service
- Commission payable
- Period of representation
- Exclusivity (if agreed upon)
- Any other terms such as payment of valuation fees, advertising, etc
To learn more, you can also attend our Resale Seminars.