Managing the Flat Purchase
You can handle the purchase on your own, or pay a fee to engage the services of a salesperson.
Managing the purchase yourself
Read the guide below, which will help you handle the purchase on your own. This guide is also useful even if you decide to engage a salesperson.
Engaging a salesperson
Please read the above "Managing the purchase yourself".
In addition, do take note of the following:
- Read the Council for Estate Agents' (CEA) Consumer Guide and case studies for practical tips when engaging the services of a salesperson.
- Check the CEA’s Public Register to make sure that the salesperson is registered with CEA as a licensed salesperson
- Make sure that you discuss with the salesperson and mutually agree on:
- The terms of service
- The commission payable
- The period of representation
- Any exclusivity (if agreed upon)
- Any other terms, such as payment for advertising
- Engaging a salesperson is a private matter between you and the salesperson. Seek clarification from CEA if you have issues relating to estate agents or their salespersons.