Top 10 Reasons to Join HDB
1. Dive into Exciting Challenges: Opportunities are boundless in HDB with a diverse portfolio spanning town planning, engineering, research & development, policy formulation, community engagement, and more. Unleash your potential and take on new challenges with job rotations and cross-functional projects in Singapore’s largest statutory board.
2. Stay on the Cutting Edge: We push the boundaries of innovation and redefine the notion of public housing. Testament to this is our iconic 50-storey development The Pinnacle@Duxton, state-of-the-art Punggol Waterway, and pioneer eco-friendly housing project Treelodge@Punggol. Join us in revolutionising new and innovative technologies for sustainable living at our very own HDB Building Research Institute!
3. Keep on Climbing: The sky is the limit – which is why at HDB, we believe in life-long learning. Postgraduate scholarships, overseas learning trips, and attachments to other organisations are just some of the ways we’ll give you a boost up that ladder to professional and personal development.
4. Get Out and About: Our business is people, and there is no better way to find out what touches people’s hearts and minds than to share slices of their lives. Take part in HDB’s roving Remaking Our Heartland exhibitions, community celebrations, and welcome parties with residents to gain insights into how you can transform lives for the better. Making new friends included!
5. Play as Hard as you Work: For real! Take an hour off work each week to exercise – at our very own clubhouse. Whether you are a gym rat, enjoy grooving to the latest moves at our dance studio, or prefer working that tennis elbow at our games courts, there is something for everyone. Did we mention dragon boat races too?
6. Friday is Blue Sky Day! On a Blue Sky Day, we encourage you to leave the office on time and spend the rest of the evening with your family, friends or bond with your colleagues over dinner. And in caring for our staff, we provide a comprehensive range of benefits from flexible work arrangements to time-off for community work and exercise, to cater to different needs.
7. Speak Your Mind: Multiple platforms abound for you to voice your opinions and suggestions. So jump in and stand up at our annual conferences and dialogue sessions with our Management team to tell us how we can make life at HDB better for you.
8. Feel Right At Home: Whether you are fresh out of school or looking for a mid-career change, you will fit right in at HDB. Count on our mentors, coaches, and encouraging supervisors to nurture and settle you into the family, as well as be your signposts, guides and confidantes. Come 'home' to HDB each day knowing you belong here.
9. Bring Cheer: That is what we do. Through active support and participation in charity drives, social programmes and voluntary activities, we reach out to the needy, elderly, and other less privileged groups and give back to the community. Nothing says ‘Thank you’ better than a grateful smile from someone you have helped.
10. Hold Your Head High: We are world-class and proud of it. From United Nations awards for our housing programmes, to national accolades for organisational excellence and HR best practices, we have left our mark and continue to set new standards. Be part of our distinguished team.