1. The applicant must be the tenant of an existing HDB rental flat. He/She must have occupied the flat for at least 2 years. Other members listed in the application form must be the authorised occupiers of the existing rental flat.
2. Applicant who is renting the existing rental flat under the Joint Singles Scheme, applicant with no earned income and applicant with household size of 2 persons is not allowed to transfer to a bigger flat.
3. The application for transfer of rental flat is subject to tenant meeting all the prevailing eligibility conditions under the Public Rental Scheme including the income ceiling of $1,500 per month.
4. The HDB shall have the right to cancel the application if at any time, the applicant or any person listed in the application is deemed by the HDB to be or become ineligible to apply or be listed as an occupier in the application for transfer of rental flat.
5. The allocation of flat is on a first-come-first-served basis according to the registration numbers assigned subject to ethnic integration policy. Each applicant shall be given a maximum of two offers of flat. The application will be cancelled if the applicant fails to accept the flat offered by signing the Tenancy Agreement and pays the requisite fees and costs on or before the stipulated date as stated in the HDB’s written notice to do so. Additionally, the applicant and all adult persons listed in the application form will be debarred for one year from applying for transfer of flat.
6. The flat is let on 2-year term tenancy at prevailing rent structure under the Public Rental Scheme. The rents chargeable are:
$800 or below
$26 - $33
$44 - $75
$801 - $1,500
$90 - $123
$123 - $165
Any renewal shall be at the HDB's sole discretion and shall be subject to such terms as it may impose.
7. The flat is to be used solely as a private residence by the applicant and the authorised occupiers. Subletting of room / flat is not allowed at all times.
8. HDB collects personal data from you to administer HDB's public housing programmes and services. We may share necessary data with other Government agencies, unless such sharing is prohibited by legislation. This is to enable us to serve you in the most convenient, efficient and effective way. We will NOT share your personal data with non-Government entities, except where such entities have been authorised to carry out specific Government services. For more details, please refer to HDB Privacy Statement
The following documents are to be produced (original and 1 photocopy) at the point of application:
1. Identity Cards or Citizenship Certificates of applicant and all persons listed in the application form. For Singapore permanent residents, their passports and Entry / Re-entry Permits are needed. For children without Identity Cards, their Birth Certificates must be produced.
2. Original payslip / Employer's letter (which must bear the company’s letterhead or stamp and the name and designation of the signatory) stating the current gross monthly income of the employed persons listed in the application. For unemployed/self-employed adult persons, they need to submit their latest CPF statements. In addition, they have to make a Statutory Declaration to declare the period of unemployment / average monthly income for the past 12 months (Statutory Declaration may be executed at the HDB Branch Office managing the existing flat). Copy of Student Pass or Letter from School / College / Institute of Learning for a person who is 18 years old & above and is still schooling.
3. For Family
|Applicant and spouse||- Applicant's Marriage Certificate|
|Applicant and parents||- Applicant's Birth Certificate|
- Parents' Marriage Certificate
|Applicant (widowed /|
divorced) with children under legal custody
|- For Widow/Widower ||
- Death Certificate of spouse and Marriage Certificate
|- For Divorcee||
- Divorce Certificate (for Muslim) / Writ of Divorce, Interim Judgement, Certificate of Making Interim Judgement Final and Order of Court (if applicable)
|- For person separated from spouse||
|- Children's Birth Certificates |
|Orphaned siblings||- Birth Certificates of applicant and his / her siblings|
- Death Certificates of both parents
|Fiancé and Fiancée||-Applicant's Marriage Certificate to be produced within 3 months after the date of possession of the HDB flat |
4. For Singles
|Never Married||- Statutory Declaration|
|Widow / Widower||- Death Certificate of Spouse and Marriage Certificate|
|Divorcee||- Divorce Certificate (for Muslim) / Writ of Divorce, Interim Judgement, Certificate of Making Interim Judgement Final and Order of Court (if applicable)|
|Person separated from spouse||- Deed of Separation|
|Single orphan||- Death Certificates of both parents|
1. Application forms are available at any HDB Branch Office. On-line applications can also be made via the HDB infoWEB. Applications can be submitted personally, via Internet or by post to the Branch Office managing their rental flats.
2. Completed application forms submitted to the respective Branch Office in person or post must be accompanied by the relevant documents as stated in the form.
3. For application forms submitted via Internet, applicants need to send by post or fax the relevant documents stated in the form to the respective Branch Office for verification (if required).